‘I have a gut feeling’
Did you know?
- that the majority of serotonin (95%) is made in our gut where it is involved in fat metabolism, gut inflammation and gut motility?
- that the intestinal lining is a vital part of our immune system?
- that there are trillions of micro-organisms living in our gut?
- these micro-organisms are constantly communicating with the neurons in our brain, impacting our mood?
- gut bacteria may have an association with over-eating and obesity?
- what you eat has a massive impact on your gut health?
- as many as 40% of the UK population suffer with gut issues at any one time?
Good gut health is the foundation of true health.
Gut issues can be debilitating and stressful, impacting on daily life and making it difficult to socialise. As a pharmacist, I see this all the time, and understand how desperate people get to sort out their symptoms. But adding more and more medications into the picture often makes things worse and doesn’t get to the underlying cause of the issue.
Examples of digestive issues that Nutritional Therapy can help:
As a Nutritional Therapist trained in the principles of functional medicine, I look at the root cause of any digestive issues – rather than just treating the symptoms – and get to the bottom of what is actually going on in the gut.
This involves taking a comprehensive medical history, looking at your current symptoms and often recommending functional tests which give an accurate picture of what is really going on. These are private tests but the investment can often save a lot of time and money in the long run.
I will support you every step of the way, with dietary and supplement recommendations (to suit your budget) and lots of practical advice on how to incorporate these changes.
We are what we eat – but more importantly – we are what we absorb!